Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Shaker Mermaid

Hello Friends,

It's time for another challenge over at the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog.  It's everyone's favorite, Anything Goes!  Whoo Hoo.  We have a special Sponsor this week - A Random Fan, so I wanted to use a stamp that Laura carries in her store.  I also got super excited when I saw Kimberly Crawford's Fishbowl Shaker Card.   The minute I saw it, I knew I wanted to add a Mermaid to the mix.  So I had to make my own.




Now I could have added more to the outside, but I didn't want to take away from the over all design.  it seemed busy enough as it was and it is a shaker card, so the last thing I wanted was anything to come flying off the card, lol.  

I started off with X-Press it Copic Paper and stamped the Monet Mermaid in Memento Black Ink, Then I stamped her again onto some scratch paper, fussy cut her out and covered her up with that scratch paper cut out.  Then I stamped the Mermaid castle and again, restamped on scratch paper and fussy cut that out and covered up the castle.  Then I airbrushed the blue and the sand.  Uncovered them and colored them up with my Copic Markers.  I followed Kimberly's fishbowl tutorial and used some cute polka dot paper and viola, a peek-a-boo shaker card.  So fun!  

Take a look at the New Items in the store!  So much fun and there are so many things in the store that can be potential Shaker cards!!! lol.  

Holly


31 comments:

Tracey said...

This is just adorable Holly!! Love it!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Such a great idea, Holly! This shaker card with the cute mermaid is so much beautiful!! Great work!

Blankina said...

Holly I absolutely LOVE LOVE your card, wow what an amazing design and love your Random fan stamp too,
HUgs Blankina

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, love, love, love this!! The mermaid is beautiful!! I love the design and details!! What a fabulous card this is!! It makes me happy to look at!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Becky said...

This is just adorable Holly!

*Vicki* said...

LOVE your fun shaker design Holly!! SO CUTE! ;)

Heidi Brawley said...

I LOVE your super cute Mermaid card Holly!!! What fabulous work you did on this Amazing creation!!!!!
hugs, Heidi

Donna said...

This card is just amazing, every detail is awesome!!!!

Denice said...

I can see why you wanted to CASE such an adorable card...this is just too stinkin' cute! Great job on this!

cheiron said...

This is a perfect shaker for a mermaid! Love the colors and your design. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

Carol L said...

What a cute and fun shaker card! I love the way you created this!

Diane said...

Outstanding design Holly, what a fun mermaid and shaker card design.

Hugs diane

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card - love her hair - great coloring!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I'm hooked on shaker cards! This is amazing! Love the mermaid! And I love how the shaker section is on the front and it opens up - brilliant!

Polka Dot Orchard said...

Very cute and clever card.

Helen F. said...

Oh my gosh, Holly! This card is too darn cute! Love the little mermaid inside and the shaker outside~very creative design.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Super clever card design. I LOVE it! Gorgeous image and papers too. Hugs, Wends x

aussie aNNie said...

Superb and delightful creation and now I want to make one, never made a shaker card.....xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Lee-Anne said...

What a clever design, Holly! I love that adorable mermaid!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh, this is so cute. What a great take on a shaker card. This is so much fun!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Another awesome shaker!
Bravo Holly!

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh how cute! This card would thrill anyone, old or young. Fantastic job on the shaker Holly. Hugs!

Chark said...

absolutely love this!

Greta said...

Clever & so cute!

MiamiKel said...

OH my stars, this is just about the cutest shaker card I've ever seen! Love this! What a fun idea to have the little bubbly water and amazing card design - just fabulous! ♥

JD/ Jill said...

How cute and clever! Nicely done!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

this is adorable...
bibiana

Marcy said...

OMG!!! I Just love this and how you added the castle background with the fish bowl shaker.....You need to send some of your mojo over to me girl! SO Cute!!!

Marcy said...

I was admiring your card so much that I forgot to add Happy Mother's Day!!! Hope you had a fantastic weekend! :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Gasp! This card is so beautiful and creative.

Lisa Lara said...

This is genius Holly!