Saturday, March 15, 2014

Gold, Purple, and Green

Hi Everyone,

Irina from La La Land Craft's has given me the biggest challenge!  lol.   Her Challenge this month is to create something using Gold, Purple, and Green.... I'm thinking for Mardi Gras.  I had to think about this one a lot. 

La La Land Inc - Taiko Drummer Boy
Carte Bella 6X6 Paper - wildflower
 
I colored up his head band and trim in Y28, Y26, Y21 for the gold, I colored his shirt BV08, BV17, V22, V25 for the purple and I saw on someones blog that they had cut out and used the negative of a grass die to airbrush some grass, I used YG03 and then at the bottom I airbrushed G07.  The hair and the pants I colored with C7, C5, C3.  The drum, drummets and the shoes were colored with E40, E41, E42, E43, E44.  The trim of the drum was colored in E27, E25, E23.  His skin was colored with E31, E34, E37.  That took me a couple tries because it's not my standard Caucasian colors, lol.  I put a little paper mask over him that I cut out of scratch paper and I colored B00 around him. I grass I had cut out, I airbrushed again in YG03 and G07.  I decided to use silver brads instead of Gold because I didn't want them competing with his clothing, lol. 
 
We are having the laziest Saturday and it feels so good to be doing nothing but coloring and laundry.  I do need to russle up some dinner for my guys, but I wanted to get this uploaded quickly. 
 
For my sketch, I used this weeks Sketch Saturday and rotated the sketch. 
 
Thanks for Looking,
 
Holly

6 comments:

Benzi said...

Ooh, fab coloring, Holly. That hair is perfect. Cute, cute card.

Unknown said...

Adorable card Holly! I love the airbrushing work you did and the skin looks great! I have seriously got to get my airbrush out and practice !!!

PaperDaisies said...

Love the colours you have used. Great use of the air brush. Love it. Hugs Nina

Marcy said...

So adorable! This little Luka is so cute and your coloring so pretty. Love the little pointing arrow too!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow your coloring is amazing!! I really like this sketch and hope to use it! :)

Debra Miller said...

Great card Holly! Great image and beautifully colored. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb