Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hello Baby

Hello Friends and Stampers,

Happy Holly-Day Monday. I hope this week is starting out really well for everyone. Did you happen to catch the NFL games on Sunday? I am so bummed the 49ers are not going to the Superbowl. So bummed. But I am a Paton Manning fan, so I will be routing for the Broncho's. I got up at 5:00 am on Sunday to make my cards this week, lol. I knew it would be all day Football, so I wanted to have plenty of time to get them done. I already had an idea of what I was going to do, so that helped. I made this card in a little over an hour. It went together super easy.

 
The card went together so fast because the Blueprints Die-Namics work for themselves. They are really a no brainer and since there is nothing to measure and plenty to choose from, there are several options for card designs. They really work when you have pattern papers that are stand alones, or are so bold they kind of dominate the focal point. This is for a friend who is expecting her first baby. The colors are more teal and yellow and the flowers lend to a feminine touch without it being all pink and purple, lol. I just need to find a cute little gift and I'm all ready now.

Have you seen the NEW ITEMS lately? Laura has added some new Whiff of Joy!!! I saw this one:
CARING THOUGHTS Rubber Stamp Elisabeth Bell Sympathy Collection from Whiff of Joy
And actually emailed her to add it to an existing order I have, lol. There is also new MFT preorders:
**PREORDER** New! DIE-NAMICS BLUEPRINTS 11 DIE SET from My Favorite Things MFT Stamps

 
**PREORDER** New! DIE-NAMICS ROSE WITH OVERLAY DIE SET from My Favorite Things MFT Stamps
**PREORDER** New! HEART BALLOONS Clear Stamp Set Die-Namics Companion Collection from My Favorite Things MFT Stamps**PREORDER** New! DIE-NAMICS STAGGERED HEART BORDER DIE SET from My Favorite Things MFT Stamps**PREORDER** New! LOVE IS IN THE AIR Clear Stamp Set Pure Innocence Collection from My Favorite Things MFT Stamps
These are "some" of my preorder items. Now I want to take a minute and explain what a preorder is. Laura lists "preorder" items with set DATES that she will be ordering. I think she will actually extend it a day or two just to make sure everyone gets their orders in on time. Then she will order from her supplier. That will have to ship to Laura. Now Laura has a couple jobs, plus the store. So unpacking will need to be done on a day off or at some point where she is not working a 12 hour shift. But her goal and priority is to get her customers their orders ASAP! So then she has to pack and ship the orders out. I actually am not expecting these to get to me until sometime in the first week of February. And I am okay with that. I know some folks get excited when they don't get a notice in a day or two that their orders are not shipped, but I think they may have missed the preorder notice, or don't realize that an estimated shipping time might take longer due to weather. So I wanted to just throw that information out there. I have never not received anything I ordered from Laura and in fact, I usually get my things in the mail before I expected them.

I also preordered some of the Casual Friday Stamps!!!
**PREORDER** EXCLAMATIONS Clear Stamp Set from Cas-ual Fridays Stamps**PREORDER** KA-BOOM Clear Stamp Set from Cas-ual Fridays Stamps**PREORDER** RAD Clear Stamp Set from Cas-ual Fridays Stamps
 
These are just a few of them that I want, lol. The order goes in on these preorders in just a few days, so be sure to get yours in fast so you won't have to wait for the next round of preorders. My Grandson is forever saying, "Like a Boss." My son uses the word Dude, all the time and I am the OMGawsh, lol. And who doesn't love to fist bump? lol.

Be sure to join us in our New Challenge tomorrow, or if you are off on this Holly-Day, you have a few more hours to join in on our Metal Challenge.

Thanks for Looking in on us!
Holly

I am using this weeks sketch from MFT's.
MFTWSC159

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I love the colours on here Holly!! Such an absolutely fabulous card!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

It was fun reading what you have preordered, Holly! Gosh, it is overwhelming how many new stamps and dies are on the market. Hope you enjoy all your new goodies!

The card for your friends baby strikes the perfect neutral, modern note. Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

i love the colours too and the fact that it came together so quickly - i need to make more of those cards! i just ordered this MFT blueprints from laura on friday and thanks for explaining the pre-order items.
linda

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous card Holly. The colors look awesome! You are going to have fun playing with your new stamps after they arrive! Great take on the sketch.

Bridie said...

I love the blue and yellow combo, very elegant

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Have a great day!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Holly, fabulous design and I love the colours.
Sue xx

downrightcrafty said...

such a gorgeous creation love the colours
Hugs Kate xx

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Holly!! I love the colors and the patterned paper!! So bright and springy!!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Anonymous said...

So cute, Holly!! :))
Lovin those blueprints in action!!
They are so fun & some of my fave dies!! :))