Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Brothers



Happy Wednesday and Welcome to another Challenge over at All That Scraps!  This time it's "Anything Goes"!  One of my favorites.   I am also using this months sketch from I heart Sketches - a sketch for you to try.  Love it!  Please remember to READ the rules, you must use a stamp or digi that is sold at the All That Scraps Store, in order for your upload to qualify for a prize.

For my card, I used the newly released this month,  Swiss Pixie Brothers stamp and Four Seasons Fence Die.  I paired them with some Amy Tangerine American Crafts paper called Ready Set Go.  Love these papers!  I even paper pieced their sweaters with one of the sheets that are word bubbles, they were the perfect size and of course, the perfect colors and textures.  These two remind me of my two boys.  They both look like it's so hard not to get dirty on the Holidays, lol.  But luckily I dressed them in jeans, so after the big dinner and all the family pictures, they can go outside and play! lol.  I colored them up with my Copic Markers.

One of the Design Team gals over at the All That Scraps Blog, did a quick tutorial on how to add demention to a fence die HERE.  After I added texture, I sponged with my Tim Holtz ink pad.

Do you have any big Holly-Day plans tomorrow?  We are playing it low key.  Turkey in the oven early, mashed potatoes and gravy, dirky onion green beans, and brown and serve rolls.  I think I have a can of cranberry sauce, though I do not know why I open one up every year, no one eats it.  It's like one of those mandatory things though, lol.  There will plenty of snacks for the big Football game on in the afternoon too.  I love Football!  And then that's it.  Just a nice day to stay at home and be with the family. 

Do you have any Black Friday plans?  I HAVE TO WORK!!!! ACKKKK!!!!!  I have sales to get to and I will be at work.  Where is the fairness in life? lol.   Probably for the best though.  I will still have plenty of shopping days left and to be honest with you, our city is packed from all the outlining areas and getting from point A to point B is a real chore.  They advertise plenty of great sales, but honestly, if you are one of lucky three in line first, you may just get one of the three they have in stock. 

Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a safe and Happy Holly-Day and for all my non-USA friends, have a great Thursday, cook lots, lay around and eat a lot and enjoy the Holly-Day with us!  lol.

Thanks for Looking and for your kind Comments!

Holly

7 comments:

Sue said...

awww that image is just delightful Holly. Your colouring is fabulous and I love the papers and warm colours.

I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.

Hugs Sue

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a couple of cuties! Love the fence die.

Deanne :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous wood background! Makes your image just pop! Love the texture in this! Have a very happy thanksgiving Holly!

Tress said...

Such adorable little guys! Have a Happy Turkey Day!

Unknown said...

Sugar Plums have always been a favorite of mine. But two little boys, I must have it! Does All That Scraps have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale type thing going? :)

Dilyana said...

Hehe, super cute! I've got two brothers, but I doubt they will appreciate a card like this. You know how are men, don't really appreciate cards :-)

Shelby said...

This is the most adorable pair of brothers! Love how you've done the fence and your coloring looks fantastic. Hope you had a fab Thanksgiving

Shelby