Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sitting here thinking of you

Is she not the cutest thing?  I love this stamp, no mouth though.  Is that so she can't talk back? lol.  I had this one inked up and was trying various things and then I thought I really just need to color her up and finally make a card with her.  Unfortunately I did not notice until the final inspection that I should have had her sitting a wee bit higher on the stump, but after hours of masking, airbrushing, coloring and paper piercing, I'm thinking it just doesn't matter, lol.  I am entering this one in a few challenges:

All that scraps Wednesday Challenge - the sketch
In fact, this is a CC design I believe and it is available at All that scraps.  On their blog, there are many tutorials and designers who have tutorials, somewhere along the line there is a tutorial for masking so you can see how you stamp the girl, then stamp the stump.  I knew this from prior experience, but it's a great visual on their post.  And then when you airbrush, you just leave those masks in place until you are done. 

Simon Says Challenge - use your favorite tool.  Hmmmm, that would be my copic airbrush at this time, lol.  I did airbrush the sky and the ground. 

Little Darlings Challenge 20 - "Outside".  To make people or things outdoors.  I looked around to see if I had a Little Darlings stamps and I don't!  Wow, had to remedy that one right away, lol. 

Now if you are following along with my blog, you already know I took that fabulous airbrushing class at my local scrappy store and had (can you tell I found my bold button, lol) to have one!  And very recently I found the wonderful blog of Delphine's Place. She does this fabulous grass thing and I had to do it again.  In fact, I think I pretty much like that as much as my airbrush, lol. 

I get so tickled with all the comments that are coming, thank you so much!  I love blogging and stamping and sharing and finding and telling.  I was just talking with my friend Trishia last night and I was telling her about all these great challenges and blogs I found.  I could not ever begin to link up all the blogs and people who I have learned from along the way.  That would be mission impossible!   But I can link up the latest and greatest finds that I want to try out and then move on from there.  I learned how to color with copics from on-line video tutorials.  I've watched way too many of them to remember who and where, but I so appreciate them sharing and taking the time to upload video's.  Most of those video's I've watched on line are from fellow artists who are not copic certified and have come up with their own color combinations and techniques.  I always learn something with each and every one.  Without them, I would not know how to color with alcohol markers at all.  And that goes all the way down to basic stamping.  So Thank You to my fellow bloggers who have shared so many wonderful ideas and techniques!

Holly

6 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so sweet and yes she is the cutest thing. Awesome coloring.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Holly! This card is tooooo cute! Your coloring is just wonderful, and I love the clouds behind her! So happy and cheery. I couldn't agree with you more about blogging...it's so wonderful to be a part of this positive and creative community! Have a blessed day!

Delphine said...

Hi Holly! I love everything about your card!!! It is all gorgeous! And I have to say I really love your airbrushed backgrounds... I think I'll try that soon:-) Thank you for your lovely comment and for the mention, that's very kind of you:-)! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Hugs Delphine xx

Mandy said...

Holly your card is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet and beautifully coloured :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Pam Sparks said...

awwwww... she's adorable colored up by you Holly! Sweet, cute... melt your heart adorable!

Lindsay said...

Love her cute little overalls, and the way you've coloured her up is too cute!