Thursday, October 7, 2010

A card for Sister


I made this card for my sister. The image is a gift from Celisa at SCS. She sent me these really great images....thanks! The card design takes inspiration from this card I saw last July here. Love the combination of the October Afternoon papers. It's from both fly a kite and thrift shop, packs.
I went to town on the coloring. Lol. I used copics (I get from my friend Vicky) and watercolored with some SU colors. The black bow is from some ribbon that came wrapped in See's candy. My sister and I love to stop for a treat when we are shopping. So I knew it would be the perfect touch. I used spellbinders for framing and then cut inside framing (cameo coral cardstock) to fit along with the image paper. The open scallops is a die from MFT's and the lace I picked up at a local fabric shop for .50 cents a yard - SCORE! I also sponged on some scattered straw distress ink to match the floral dp. Added pearls to the top and viola, a card for Sister.
My sister is wonderful. She is super smart and very creative and talented. When we talk, we lose all track of time and hours have gone by and then things don't get done, but who cares, lol. We talk about everything and solve all kinds of world problems in those hours. I could not have made it through some of my toughest times without my sister. This image reminds me of us together. She wears the heels and no, I don't do pinstripes, lol. But seriously, just sitting together and it's easy. She is easy to be around. Fun. She makes me laugh. And I swear she has every memory of everything we have ever done etched into her brain. Oh I love my sister!

No comments: