Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Picking Cherries from the Wonky Tree


I have had this card in my favorites for a long time. Kitty 747 on Splitcoaststampers is one of my favorite artists to KopyKat. Love her watercoloring, sponging and ideas. But I wanted to make mine with a twist, I wanted to use my Wonky Squares by Spellbinders nestabilities again. So I made a Wonky Cherry tree, lol.


A friend of mine asked me to make some cards using products available at a local scrappy store she works in. They have lots and lots of Tim Holtz inks and so do I, lol, so I decided to watercolor using the pads, a plastic cup with water and a really cheap watercoloring brush. The colors I used were: shabby shutters, peeled paint, barn door, faded jeans, scattered straw, vintage photo, stormy sky (sponged), tumbled glass (sponged), and old paper. I also used glossy accents on the cherries for more shine. The adorable image is Stampavie, picking cherries ~ I'm not sure where I bought this, but I know Joan has these in her on-line store. I also used an EK success punch chain link and weaved my gingham ribbon through. I used my copics for skin tones (available here.)
For the scenery, other than trying to channel some of Kitty's talent, I also used her Kitty's Kit, Master one scenery set. You can google it and find it easily.


There's product, product available everywhere, but the links are people I like to buy from, as well as my local scrapbooking stores. :)


Hope you like this KopyKat.

No comments: