Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sewing Machine


The temporary picture is a card I made for my mom that is still sitting on my desk....YIKES!!! Joe bought me a mini sewing machine for mother's day and we finally took it out of the box in late July and found a "home" for it. He had it all threaded and ready to go for me. So when I sat down to make this card, my intentions were to use that sewing machine and start stitching on a lot of my cards. I used the practise material and it worked like a charm. Then I sewed up one side of paper and halfway down the other and it knotted up. So very carefully I pulled slowly, cut the knot, rethreaded the machine and it refused to work from that point on. It was like it knew I was inexperienced and just refused to go on. lol.


Luckily I have some "stitching image" stamps and was able to use those. lol. I found this card on splitcoaststampers here. I changed things up a little, but just loved this idea.


Ingredients:

stamps: Unity Stuck on You, Hemlines by Paper Salon

designer paper: October Afternoon, PTI poppy, SU kraft

I used brads, buttons, and twine.


This was a lot of fun, even though the machine broke. A friend of mine suggested I buy a used machine from a local guy who does sewing machine repairs. I called him and told him what happened and he laughed, he said his refurbished are guarenteed for 3 years. So when we get ready to go down and get one, that's where we plan to buy one. lol.

2 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a beautiful and sweet card! Love what you did with this image and papers!
And thanks for sharing your story! Sounds like one of mine, hee hee!
Thank you for your sweet comment on SCS today :)
hugs to you!
margie

Unknown said...

YAY! I LOVE this sewing machine stamp. And your card is ADORABLE!